Frequently Asked Questions

I am an international student and need a study permit. How can I get one?
Here at PACE Canada College, we know that studying abroad and obtaining a Canadian study permit can be a difficult process. We have tried to summarize the basic steps for an individual seeking a study permit/visitor visa. However, we encourage all prospective students to take a look at the CIC website here for more information.* Note: If you are taking a course that lasts six months or less, you are not required to obtain a study permit.

Step 1: First and foremost, all students must be officially accepted at a designated learning institution. PACE Canada College is a designated learning institution in British Columbia (Institution number: O19279574622) One can find the full list of institutions here.

One must also get proof of the acceptance (acceptance letter), proof of identity, proof of financial support, and a letter of explanation.

You must also make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Step 2: Apply! See methods here. See your Visa Application Centre for help.

Step 3: If you are approved, you are ready to study in Canada. You will meet with a Canadian Border Services Agency officer upon your arrival, who will then direct you through the rest of the process.

Note: The College does not yet have residential accommodations for students. However, on request, the College can assist you in locating a Homestay agency who will that can make arrangements for your stay.

I am an international student and want to join PACE Canada College. What is the process?
You are an international student if: you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or are a Convention Refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Step 1: See the eligibility criteria for the program and course you are interested in.

Step 2: If you meet the criteria for the program, send an email to including general information about yourself, your desired course or program, a scanned copy of your IELTS score (or respective English efficiency program score), and lastly your general academic qualifications (no supporting documents are needed for this).

Step 3: The college staff will review your application and, if accepted, have you complete the registration process by filling the Long-Term Career Course Form and deposit the Registration fee (the College bank account number will be intimated during this step).

Step 4: On completion of registration and admission for the course, you will be required to deposit the tuition fee for the year and other charges applicable. Upon receipt of the tuition fee, the College will issue you an Acceptance Letter. The Acceptance Letter will be part of the application for your Study Permit documentation. Once you have received your Study Permit Visa, you will have to make your own travel arrangements to arrive at least 2 days prior to the commencement of  the Program.

If an international student is not able to obtain his/her Study Permit by the start date identified in the Letter of Acceptance, the student must notify the College immediately as to arrange a second Letter of Acceptance at a later state date. In such a circumstance, the College may charge the student an additional $200 administrative fee and retain the balance of the prepaid tuition fees pending the outcome of the Study Permit Application. Should a student fail to advise the College, only the refund policy listed on FAQ 5 will apply

If any further assistance is needed at any of these steps, please email us at, or call 604-595-7962 to speak to an academic advisor.

I am a domestic student and want to join PACE Canada College. What is the process?
All application information can be seen on the individual pages under the Programs and Courses tab.
I am unable to afford the cost of the total tuition. Can you help?
Students have to make their own arrangements for all expenses related to their studies. However, we are currently working to establish a scholarship fund to award to deserving students. We are also in the process of becoming eligible for “Student Aid BC” and the “Canada Student Loan Program” for our students. Domestic students are, however, eligible for tax credits for their tuition. Students can also approach banks/credit unions for soft loans for their education fees.

If any further assistance is needed, please email us at, or call 604-595-7962 to speak to an academic advisor.

If I want to withdraw myself from a program, what is the refund policy?
For international students who would like to withdraw prior to course commencement:An institution may retain the lesser of 10% of the total fees due under the contract or $400.00 for international students who are denied Study Permit authorization from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Students denied a Study Permit must provide the institution with a copy of the denial letter prior to the program start date as set out in the institution’s most recently issued Letter of Acceptance. Should a student fail to advise the institution, or choose to withdraw for other reasons, the refund policy set out in Clause 6 of the “Refund Policy” section will apply. Refunds owed to students must be paid within 30 days of the institutions receiving a copy of the Study Permit denial letter.For domestic students and international students already involved in a course:

Please see the “Refund Policy” in your signed Student Enrollment Contract or Student Handbook.

* Note: International admissions are not being taken by PACE Canada presently. (updated Jan2016)

For more information give us a call at 604-595-7962

#307 7327 137 Street
Surrey, BC V3W 1A4
Get Directions

Phone: 604-595-7962
Fax: 604-595-7963

Monday to Friday,
8:30 am – 5:30 pm

Disclaimer: PACE Canada College reserves the right to modify or change any information pertaining to description, schedule or anything else, published on our website at any time.